We're one of the world's top research universities. Our research is driven by the big picture. Work alongside some of the world's brightest and most accomplished academics, access high-calibre facilities, and discover our new curriculum. Our research is driven by the big picture. Ranked second globally in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings and in the top 45 of research universities around the world*, the University of Sydney is home to leading researchers who are finding solutions to the world's most pressing issues by changing the way they look at them. Our interdisciplinary approach means that students are part of a community of scholars that unites experts in fields as diverse as medicine, arts, social sciences, engineering, information technologies and science. As a researcher at Sydney, you'll work alongside some of the world's brightest and most accomplished academics.
- Health and wellbeing
- Society and Culture
- The robot revolution that will help farmers all over the world
- Nanoscale battery to transform renewable energy storage
- Tumour tracking reshapes the future of cancer treatment
- Bona fide bone substitute could revolutionise surgery worldwide
- Why revisiting the Great Barrier Reef’s past could protect its future
- 100 Research Centres
- 5000 Research Students
- 5500 Research Staff/Supervising academics
- More funding information and application deadline available here.
- Prospective students can apply for scholarships for research study, or competitive grants as a professional researcher. More information
Scholarships in focus: