At University of Technology Sydney (UTS), our research responds to the big questions. We’ve got a growing reputation for future-focused research in emerging disciplines, with a focus on five theme areas: health, data science, sustainability, future work and industry and social futures. From questions of technological disruption to the future of health care, big data and new ways of working, we’re delivering real solutions to the challenges of today – and tomorrow. We’re collaborative too – we work closely with industry and academic partners across the globe to drive meaningful change in the world around us.
- Future Industries
- Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute
- Centre for Autonomous Systems
- Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation
- Centre for Technology in Water and Wastewater
- Climate Change Cluster
- Institute for Biomedical Materials and Devices
The University of Technology Sydney has more than 50 Research Centres and Institutes.
- #1 for research impact in Australia, with 80% of research areas rated high impact 100% of research in the broad fields of research at world standard or above
- #1 rated young university in Australia
“A PhD at UTS is a big opportunity to join a big and growing research community with access to a lot of resources. UTS has very modern facilities and an enviable contact network. There are scholarships and opportunities to continue your professional career in or out of academia. Also UTS resides in a very cosmopolitan and modern city with both the coast and the mountain very close.”
Sammy Pfeiffer, PhD in Robotics